“True success can only be accomplished by succeeding at something you are passionate about.”
Chris Doran’s passion is in the courtroom, and speaking up for those who need a voice. Mr. Doran’s primary experience is with criminal defense and personal injury civil litigation. Along with this experience, he has a strong grasp of the Federal Rules of Evidence and the Arizona Rules of Evidence, which serves as a solid foundation for any trial or court hearing. He is a strong believer in effective trial advocacy techniques and staying active with volunteer (pro bono) work. Specifically Mr. Doran has a soft spot in his heart for the homeless community. When he is not on the clock, he volunteers his time providing free legal services at homeless shelters to individuals in need. Mr. Doran is also a member of the American Bar Association’s Litigation Committee, Criminal Justice Committee, Criminal Sentencing Committee, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Committee, and a member of the American Association for Justice.
Mr. Doran graduated from Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law. As a law student, he taught seminars on opening statements, closing arguments, cross examination, the rules of evidence, and trial advocacy to crowds ranging from junior high students to practicing attorneys. During his time at ASU, he achieved many accolades (see below under Honors & Award).
Mr. Doran was seen as the face of moot court and mock trial among his peers. However, aside from his success with “mock” trials, he has also had success with real trials as well. Through a clinical program with the Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office, he was able to serve as first chair on a possession of cocaine case. At trial, Mr. Doran conducted multiple cross examinations and delivered the closing argument, which was followed by a jury returning a not guilty verdict. Since that first case, Mr. Doran has obtained many promising results as a licensed attorney. He negotiated many favorable plea agreements, helped to significantly reduce people’s bonds, received mitigated sentences from judges, drafted motions which have substantially altered the outcome of cases, obtained case dismissals, and obtained a not guilty verdict in a multi-count felony aggravated DUI trial.
Mr. Doran is eager to continue to develop and add to these skills and successes as he continues with his career. Chris Doran truly cares about each and every client that he represents. To him, this is more than just a career, it is his calling.
- State Bar of Arizona
- J.D., Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- B.S., Arizona State University (Justice Studies)
- B.A., Arizona State University (Philosophy)
Honors & Awards
- Janet S. Mueller Oral Advocacy Award *Awarded to one student in graduating class*
- Order of the Barristers
- 1st Place in Jenckes Closing Argument Competition two years in a row
- 2nd Place and 4th Place in Oplinger Closing Argument Competition
- 4th and 7th Place in Spritzer Appellate Argument Competition
- 5th Place in Client Counseling Competition
- Captain of ASU’s Student Trial Advocacy Competition Team
- Member of ASU’s ABA Representation in Mediation Competition Team
- Coaching ASU’s undergraduate mock trial team to Nationals
- Logging over 2,030 hours of pro bono volunteer work *Most in School History*
- President of Executive Moot Court Board
- President of Pro Bono Board
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Litigation Experience *Highest grade*
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Public Defender’s Clinic *Highest grade*
- Pro Bono Achievement Award (x3)
- Pedrick Scholar
- Alumni Scholarship Recipient
- Mark Wilmer Scholarship Recipient
- Jonathan Schubert Scholarship Recipient
Chris is the Best!
I find Chris to be down to earth. Listens well. Not at all like other attorneys that sound like “used car salesmen”. From the first time I spoke with Chris, I felt confident. I didn’t feel like I was getting any “BS”. He quickly got to the root of my problems and had suggestions right away. Things I could understand. It turns out I had other legal issues come up. He was able to solve them in one day. Chris is smooth. In his demeanor, being down to earth He is able to get to the solution quickly.
I am very pleased with the outcome. Having Chris on my side has given me much relief. I have already referred Chris to friends. I would not hesitate to refer Chris to anybody I know.
Working with Chris is like having a “friend” in the business.
Above and beyond.
I have been wrongly accused of a crime. From day one my attorney has provided services that are above and beyond what law firms and attorney’s are known to do. I have shared my experience with others and they to will agree my experience with Mr. Doran is unlike no other. There is never a point where I am in doubt or have questions. Mr. Doran and his law firm are very professional, kind and understanding. Living 100 + miles from my attorney has not been an issue, Mr. Doran stays in communication with me throughout this entirely frightening situation. I would recommend Mr. Doran to any person that is dealing with a criminal case.
Great person, wonderful lawyer.
Chris not only helped put our minds at ease with our legal issues, but was there for us at the drop of a hat when we needed him! It is clear that he not only is a professional but knows the law inside and out. He really cares about his clients and work diligently on your case. Chris will be our lawyer on call for as long as we need one. I would highly recommend him.